Friday, December 23, 2011

Day 6: Bad tidings

Today started off like any other day - cup of coffee, breakfast, chatting about the day ahead. It was very much another holi-like-day, just without any admin for a change.
However, that feeling quickly changed early tonight when I had word from my family back 'home'. All is not well.

The last year has been an extremely difficult year for my family in so many ways - not least of these me and my husband's decision to move to Australia. The bad tidings today signal yet more difficult times to come.

It is not really a gift anyone would want for Christmas.

Maybe this will be one of the hardest things: when someone needs you back in South Africa, and you simply can't be there.

Here then a picture for my brother. It is one I took a number of years ago when we went to Rietvlei Dam for some early-morning fishing and photography.


Wild flowers at Rietvlei Dam, South Africa

No comments:

Post a Comment